Pregnancy Advice and Recommendations:
1. Be prepared you may be required to go on bed rest.
2. Find and interview your pediatrician and front desk staff.
A. Pediatrician: Ask his philosophy for treating children. Ask questions that
apply to your needs and desires. Does he medicate first and ask questions
later? Will he allow you to come in and wait in a vacant
examination room rather than in the germ filled waiting room?
B. The front desk and nursing staff: How do they treat you when you ask for
an interview? Believe me we had front desks that were rude and
unhelpful. Think how they will treat you when you have a sick child. Find
out if you can get the first appointment of the day or the first
appointment after lunch. Can you go right into an examination room?
Will they schedule all the kids at the same time? We found a doctor’s
office that would not schedule three at the same time. Mind
3. Plan and prepare the nursery early.
4. Make your registry early too. The first time I went to Babies R Us I had to
leave, too many choices!!! It took a couple of trips to finalize my wish list.
5. Wash new baby clothes in baby laundry detergent as you receive them. You
will become an expert in laundry!!! Get used to it.
6. Enjoy your pregnancy!!! I especially loved this time because I hadn’t done
anything wrong yet. (I am always wondering what I am going to do that will
send them to therapy?)
Any comments or questions please use contact form